Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday

I learned how to "cross country" in water aerobics today. It is kind of like cross country skiing, except in the deep end of a pool. It may be the most awkward, infuriating, and exhausting exercise I've ever done. I was breathing heavily by the end of the first lap and if it weren't for the waist flotation belts we were required to wear, I would have had to stop! It was frustrating because it was impossible to move quickly if I was doing it correctly, but I'm sore now so that means it must have been a good work out!

I also made this hamburger helper-like dinner, with egg noodles and a homemade sauce mixed in with the ground beef. It was delicious, and the best part is that there is half of it left, so we can eat it again tomorrow.

My haibun for the day is below. I was inspired to write the haiku first, so the first part of the haibun feels incomplete/forced to me. any thoughts?


Walking to the store, rainy snow blows in my face. Walking home, the same. I cannot see my breath and I cannot feel my nose. Three months until spring.

Pine needles in threes:
bird footprints
in silky snow.


Learning lots,
Monica

2 comments:

  1. The only part that genuinely feels forced is the first part "Walking to the store" but I like the rest of that sentence. "Rainy snow" has such a complex sound to it that it makes me think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it a lot. I like the context given of walking to the store. An ordinary task. Beauty noticed along the way.

    ReplyDelete