Thursday, February 18, 2010

Self-vrything

I learned today that online banking is stupid. It's really more complicated than it ought to be, and finding out things like account numbers, usernames, passwords and general verification information is nearly impossible if you don't have a perfect memory and can't remember the things you set up four years ago that you haven't used since. It took me two hours of being on the phone with my bank before I was able to log in to my account. Sheesh! I mean, I know how important the security of my money is, but come on! There's got to be an easier way.

I'm in the process of teaching myself more about money management. I'm working on transferring money between my accounts and the importance of investing money to make money. I am living in a lot of monetary scarcity right now, and although I consciously know that I need to put money into my Mary Kay business (by buying inventory and stuff), I'm scared to put in more because I have so little. My limbic system is trying to hijack my frontal lobe and scare me into doing nothing, so I'm empowering my frontal lobe to use my fear to motivate instead of cripple. Go Frontal Lobe!

I got my Mary Kay website today: http://marykay.com/msanden. I've been reading through my manual and discovering a question I need answered on almost every page. I've gotten tons of affirmation from my Sales Director about having and asking questions, so I guess I'm on the right track!

I'm going to take this space to recommend, again, The Book (On The Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are) by Alan Watts. I am learning and having affirmed my understanding of things that I can't quite put into words right now. It's about the Self's inherent connection to Everything--and you know me, I'm all about being connected and knowing that I matter. So pick it up!

I made homemade chicken tenders tonight. They were quite delicious and, like all great recipes, there were plenty of leftovers. If anyone is interested in any of the recipes I talk about, let me know and I'll either give you the recipe or tell you where I found it. And if you've come across anything delicious (dessert, soup, whatever!) please share it with me too!

Learning lots,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to work on the financial responsibility thing together. Since our talk at Grounds I have been thinking about it a lot. My checks will come next week (how on earth have I made it this long without checks? I don't know either) and Brett is going to teach me how to balance the check registry and all that. We can discuss this while shopping tomorrow, obviously.

    ReplyDelete